Greek Olive & Rosemary Pittas
Our Olive & Rosemary Pitta Breads make a great sharing dish and pair well with our Greek Marinated Olives with Feta. You can also serve them up with your favourite dips!
Prep: 20 minutes plus proving
Cook: 5-8 minutes
250g strong white bread flour
7g sachet dried yeast
½ tsp salt
50g Crespo Pitted Dry Black Olives, chopped
3 sprigs rosemary, leaves finely chopped
2 tsp olive oil
- Place the flour, yeast, salt, olives and rosemary in a large bowl or the bowl of a food mixer fitted with a dough hook. Gradually mix in 160ml hand hot water and the oil to give a sticky dough. Knead for 8-10 minutes until smooth. Transfer to a large greased bowl, cover with clingfilm and leave to prove for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 230oC, gas mark 8. Place a large baking tray to preheat.
- Knock back the dough and divide into 6 even pieces. On a floured surface, roll each into an oval shape approx. 16cm long.
- Dust the baking tray lightly with flour and add the pittas, spacing them apart a little. Bake for 5-8 minutes until puffed and golden.
- Wrap in a clean tea towel straight away to cool down.
Try swapping 100g of the white flour for wholemeal bread flour. Great served with houmous or filled with your favourite filling.
|Sat Fat (g)
||Less than 1